You can buy an info@hand On Premise Software License to download and run on your own server. Or, you can simply subscribe to the info@hand Cloud-Hosted Service and have us take care of everything. Which one suits you best?
If buying, configuring, managing and maintaining a server is not something that fits into your business plans, then the Cloud-Hosted Service may well be the right option for you. As a hosted service, you just use a website that is created for you, and never have to install the software or maintain a server.
However, there are advantages and disadvantages to both approaches:
- While the On Premise Software license has direct costs that are quite a bit lower, to you that advantage may be out-weighed by the work involved in having your own server, and someone with enough technical savvy to take care of it.
- While some clients prefer to have their business-critical information on their own servers, not someone else's, other businesses aggressively pursue a strategy of having all their business-critical applications and data hosted in the cloud. They feel this allows them to focus less on information technology, and more on what makes their business unique.
To help you weigh up the pros and cons of this decision, here are the specifics of the info@hand Cloud-Hosted Service:
- Hosting is in the Linode Cloud, which uses the Fedora Core Linux server operating system.
- Clients installations must have at least 5 users.
- The service costs US$30 per user each month, with an annual renewal cycle. Your initial commitment will therefore be a minimum of US$1,800, for a 5-user service for the first year.
- When info@hand updates are made available, the client may apply them at their own discretion.
- Backups of the client's software and data are managed transparently by the Linode Cloud infrastructure. Separate client-accessible backups will be created by the info@hand instance, and the client may download them if desired.
- All user sessions are fully SSL encrypted, using a standard info@hand certificate.
- Clients have a monthly allocation of 500 MB of disk storage and 100 MB of I/O activity per user. Any additional usage is charged at US$5.00 per GB of storage, and US$10.00 per GB of I/O activity.
- The service has a 99% availability commitment. Anything less allows you to terminate your service.
- Clients have system-level access to allow full customization of the application software, and integration with other systems.
See the Related Information links on this page for more details about info@hand's features, to try our online demo, to request a 30-day free trial, or to check out our pricing.